Monday, June 8, 2009

Thesaurusing & Social Networking

This morning, I came across a link put up by Pete Eyre, one of my favorite liberty activists.

If you know me, you know that I have spent a fair amount of time on Bureaucrash, and that when I first realized I was a Libertarian, I frequented it often. Pete was Crasher-in-Chief up until April-ish. Apparently, since he stepped down, his successor has not been running the site in the same manner that it had been run for so long.
This is leaving those of us who registered for Bureaucrash Social and used it without a social network for freedom minded individuals. Homeless, if you will. Someone at After BureauCrash Action (ABC Action) has decided to do something about this:

Check it out!


The blog doesn't have an author listed, so I don't know who is behind writing it, but since both Pete Eyre and Adam Mueller posted it via twitter this morning, and they are both members of the Motorhome Diaries crew, I would guess they have something to do with it.

Anyway, I was going to leave a comment about what the title of the new network could be, and used my computer thesaurus to help me out. Have you ever entered the word liberty into a thesaurus? If you're ever down, this might cheer you up. Personally, it inspired me.
Synonyms include: freedom, independence, free-reign, self-determination, autonomy, sovereignty, civil liberties.
Antonyms? Even better: Constraint, slavery, tyranny, constraint.

Today I am reminded why I am so proud to be a Libertarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment